Our goal is simple: make traveling with the little ones easier. Though all of our spaces are family friendly, three of our homes were specifically curated with families in mind: The Country Cottage, Lyric at Leiper’s Fork, and Lunar Beach Bungalow.
Each of these single level homes has been intentionally designed to balance style with function and approachability for our littlest guests and their caregivers.
Peace of Mind for the Family
Safety is top of mind when it comes to welcoming families. We go the extra mile to think of things like soft corners, keeping chemicals up high, and maintaining safety certifications for each of our homes. Just a little caveat that we know kids are curious and tend to want to explore – especially in new spaces. While we take a variety of safety precautions, they are not meant to replace caregiver attention.
Family Friendly Amenities
They may be little, but they sure do have a lot of stuff, don’t they?!?! Travel lighter when staying at one of the homes mentioned above – we provide the following at no additional cost:
The following items also help make your stay more enjoyable and are found at ALL Southbound Stays homes and studios:
- Blackout shades and/ or curtains in all bedrooms
- Echos for white noise options in each bedroom
- Bathtub (built in)
- First aid kit
Family Friendly Locations
Our locations all offer either walkability to family friendly activities or space to roam. In fact, we purposely selected our homes based on their amazing locations that we, ourselves frequent and trust with our own family. Here are some highlights:
- Lunar Beach Bungalow: Within a 5-20 min walk are the beach, aerial adventures, putt putt golf & holding an alligator, kid- friendly restaurants, ice cream, groceries, bike rentals. Bonus: easy area to navigate with a stroller.
- Country Cottage: Within a 5-20 min walk are coffee shops, donuts, kid- friendly restaurants, a bookstore, shops, groceries. Bonus: easy area to navigate with a stroller.
- Lyric at Leiper’s Fork: Space to roam as its situated on 12 acres with plenty of space and outdoor activities right on the property, including a fire pit and even a picnic table for the littles. Drive 10-20 minutes for a variety of walking trails, historical points of interest, ice cream, shops, restaurants, groceries.
- Melrose Nashville Studios: Within a 5-20 min walk to kid- friendly restaurants, groceries, Sevier Park, shopping. Bonus: easy area to navigate with a stroller. Note: This location does not come with the children’s amenities listed above
Location Specific Amenities:
- While all of our Southbound Stays spaces are guest-friendly, due the size and limited storage at our studios, we are unable to provide the same amenities we provide in our homes.
- We do offer a pack n play and high chair which are available upon request (with advance notice) as they are not left onsite.