The Ulti-Mutt Pup Vacation:
When you bring the dog(s) with you for your stay, they’ll be treated just like any other guest and receive:
- Welcome treats and a gift
- Their very own “fur-got” it basket with some commonly forgotten items that they can use on their stay like potty bags, dog bowls, blankets – even dog tags with the home address in case they decide to go exploring on their own
- A curated list of dog-friendly parks, restaurants, coffee shops, and more (carefully curated by our dog, June – read more about her below)
There is a nominal per night fee associated with bringing the dog(s) which helps us cover the added cost of cleaning and upkeep related to their visit. We feel you’ll find this fee fair and significantly less than the cost of boarding or a dog-sitter.
Furever in our Hearts: The Inspiration for being Dog-Friendly
Our two pups now run free together in doggie Heaven but continue to serve as the inspiration for our dog-friendly vacation rentals.
- Our fur son, Theoh: We were 19 when we rescued our first dog, Theoh. He was an 85 lb black lab lap dog. He was unfortunately not great with other dogs even though he absolutely loved people and going places. Dog-friendly rentals were SO hard to find back then and since we couldn’t board him, we had to hire a dog sitter every time we left. Theoh was with us for a short time in Nashville before he passed in 2015.
- Our fur daughter, June: She came along in 2018. She was 6 months old when we got her and couldn’t be more opposite than Theoh. She was a 20lb Frenchie who was known for her snores, toots, and mean mug face. She suffered from severe separation anxiety so we either had to take her with us or hire someone to stay with her 24/7. Because of this, June went everywhere with us. We researched alllll of the dog-friendly places in the Nashville and Cocoa Beach areas. Luckily June was compact enough to be our carry on and would go between Florida and Tennessee with us. Unfortunately, we lost June before her 3rd birthday to a rare disease. Before she passed, she helped us compile all her favorite dog friendly places and things to do in her Tennessee and Florida homes.
Megan & Richard McCrea
Owners & Host(esses), Southbound Stays
Don’t fur-get… if you want to see our top 20 Things to Do with Fido, visit the Guides Page of our website to download the list.