Here at Southbound Stays, we are independent short term rental/ vacation homeowners. We advertise our homes for rent on website listing sites like AirBnB, Vrbo, Booking.com and others. These sites are great to connect us with our future guests. In fact, that’s how a lot of our guests find us at first. However, whether you’re a new guest or a returning one, you can benefit from booking directly with us:
- Best Price Guarantee: you will always find the best price when booking on our website because you avoid listing site fees which can range from 10-20% off your stay.
- Return Guest Discount: for our return guests, we offer a 10% discount on your nightly rental rate. No blackout dates.
- Direct Contact: you will always speak directly to us via email or phone.
- Guest First Mentality: feel the comfort of home while you’re away from yours.
These are our spaces, you are our guests, and we want to maintain that connection and identity independent of any other website like Airbnb or Vrbo. Kind of how you may have found your personal home on a website like Realtor.com but simply call it your home, not your “realtor.com.” 🙂
You are also supporting our independence and the ability for us to keep on doing what we do for you, the guest.
Booking Direct FAQs
- We totally get it, we may feel like strangers right now. But by being able to contact us directly, we can set a time to pick up the phone and introduce ourselves as well as share details about our homes and the areas. Through this direct connection, we hope to put your mind at ease about who you’ll be renting from. That’s something that simply is not allowed through most travel websites.
- We have nearly 1,000 5-star reviews with our homes across multiple listing sites to help put your mind at ease. See what other guests who have stayed in our homes say about their stays.
- Learn about Southbound Stays and your hosts and follow along in our adventures on social media on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
All payments are processed directly on our booking website via a secure payment processor. This means your credit card details are never shared directly with us nor anyone else.
Our cancellation policies can be found here.
You will notice we suggest purchasing trip insurance for your reservation. This option is offered to our guests during the booking process when booking your stay on our website. Travel insurance is typically only 7-8% on top of the cost of your stay. Meanwhile, booking on a travel website can cost anywhere from 13-20% on top of the cost of your trip in service fees alone. You can use some of the money you save on booking directly on our website to put towards that AND STILL pocket some money for spending!
You may have heard of #BookDirect Guest Education Day, championed by the team at VRM Intel. This typically happens in February each year. This is a day when vacation rental managers and homeowners join forces with a singular message: let travelers know that there are many advantages to booking directly with homeowners or management companies. Check out #bookdirect on Facebook or Instagram to view posts/ homes from other independent owners and managers like us!
We hope this helps put your mind at ease but if not, feel free to contact us and we’re happy to answer any other questions you may have.
We look forward to hosting you!
The McCrea Family
Owners / Managers, Southbound Stays