Welcome to The Little House, our completely renovated home with a mid- century vibe in the heart of East Nashville. Our 645 sq ft home sits behind the main house on the property however is completely detached to ensure privacy. It has been updated from the flooring to the studs- even a new roof and is ready to welcome you to Nashville for stays of 30+ days at a time. This home earns its name from the prior owner and our amazing neighbors, who have adoringly referred to it as the little house over the years. It was converted from a garage to an apartment home back in the late 1950s/ early 1960s and has provided a happy place to stay for many. We pay homage to the time period it was “born” as the little house with its mid- century design and pops of color throughout. Not only is it adorable, it is centrally located and just minutes by car to Downtown, multiple hospitals, highways and in a walkable area. Come stay awhile, this home has a 30-day stay min.
Perfect for Extended Stays:
- Corporate Housing
- Relocation to Nashville
- Temporary Housing
- Clinical Rotations
- Traveling Nurses
Cleanliness is always at the top of our priority list for our homes however out of an abundance of caution due to the virus, we’ve upped our standards and revisited our policies. You can learn more about those here.
**Due to local laws we cannot accept any stays less than 30 days under any circumstances. We highly suggest contacting us to discuss your situation prior to booking.*
- Popular & safe area that is walkable (restaurants, groceries, necessities)
- Central LOCATION that is minutes to Downtown by car but also within a 5-15 minute walk to some of the best restaurants, bars, music, shopping and outdoor spaces in Nashville. You can even walk to necessities like a convenience and grocery store. Scroll to the neighborhood section read more about our charming area.
- Onsite, dedicated parking
- Full, well-equipped kitchen
- A lovely OUTDOOR space, including a back patio area with bistro table seating, an outdoor sofa and even a BBQ/ grill.
- In-unit washer/ dryer
The Little House is located in hip, historic East Nashville. It is walking distance or a short drive to everything you may need (or want) during your time in Nashville: hospitals, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, music, grocery stores, drug store, shopping, fitness studios, greenway, golf course, breweries, cleaners (though we have onsite washer/ dryer) and even a hair salon!
Minutes by car from key Nashville destinations & other popular neighborhoods:
- Downtown Nashville / Broadway (2.5 mi)
- Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt Medical Center (5.5 mi)
- TriStar Medical Centers (4.6 mi+ depending on location)
- St Thomas Medical Centers (7mi + depending on location)
- Belmont University (7 mi)
- Lipscomb University (8.4 mi)
- Nissan Stadium, home of the Tennessee Titans and CMA Music Festival (2 mi)
- Ascend Amphitheater (2.5 mi)
- Bridgestone Arena (3 mi)
- Music City Convention Center (3 mi)
- Nashville International Airport (10 mi)
- The Gulch Neighborhood (4 mi)
- 12 South Neighborhood (7 mi)
- Midtown (4.8 mi)
- Hillsboro Village (6 m)
- Germantown Neighborhood (3 mi)
- Close to highway access to venture to nearby towns like Franklin, Arrington Vineyards or Leiper’s Fork
As frequent leisure and business travellers ourselves, we know it’s the small things that can have a big impact on your stay. That is why every Southbound Stays home has a set of home standards and amenities that we follow. Read more about those here.
There are many reasons to love our home, however there are some important considerations we’d like you to be aware of prior to booking your stay at The Little House to make sure it’s the right space for you:
- Due to local laws, this home can only be rented for a minimum of 30+ days at a time. Under no circumstances can we accommodate anything less than a 30 day+ rental agreement.
- To comply with TN State law we must also charge a 9.25% sales tax on top of rent for any stay of 89 consecutive days or less. Stays of 90+ consecutive days do not incur the sales tax charge.
- We are typically unable to accommodate Saturday checkins/ checkouts, however please meassage us if your stay is dependent on arriving or departing on a Satruday.
- You will be asked to sign a standard rental agreement in addition to accepting the house rules upon booking.
- When reserving your extended stay, the first 30 days rent + sales tax (if applicable) are due at the time of booking along with the security deposit, cleaning fee and signed rental agreement. Each consecutive month’s rent is due upon the monthly renewal date each month. Example: If your move-in date is the 15th of the month, your payments will be due the 15th of the month each month thereafter. All monthly payments will include sales tax if applicable.
- This is a full home, private space rental home used exclusively as a furnished, extended stay rental. However, there is a detached home in the front of the property that is used as a short- term, vacation rental (stays under 30 days). It’s rare you will bump into one another as you have separate parking and living areas however the back patio of the The Little House does face the back patio of the front home.
- The backyard is shared with the main home and is not fenced in.
- The main entrance to The Little House is via the back alley. Parking is also located in dedicated spaces just off of the back alley.
- Because this home is detached, we are unable to have cable. We do, however have an HDTV antenna, smart TV and DVD player (and of course, WIFI).
- Guests under the age of 21+ are more than welcome however we do ask that they are accompanied by parents or guardians at all times for their own safety
- Pets: We love and welcome potty trained dogs that get along with other dogs at The Little House (we welcome dogs at the other house on the property and our neighbors have a dog, too). There is a fee of $5/ day/ dog – up to 2 dogs per stay with the following conditions:
- Please let us know ahead of time if you plan to bring them
- Avoid having them on the furniture or keep furniture covered with blankets/covers brought by you
- Utilize the pet waste bags we have provided and pick up after your pets once they have done their business outdoors. Please dispose of this in the pet waste receptacle located outside the back of the home
- We do not allow any other pets, reptiles, or anything non-human with a heart beat.
- If you have a unique circumstance, please discuss with us first.
- Guests under the age of 21+ are more than welcome however the primary guest booking the reservation must be 21+ years of age. We do ask that guests under the age of 21 are accompanied by the primary guest, parents or guardians at all times for their own safety.
- We love and welcome potty trained dogs that get along with other dogs (we welcome dogs at the other house on the property and our neighbors have a dog, too). There is a fee of $5/ day/ dog (this will be sent as a price request via Airbnb resolution center once you’ve booked) – up to 2 dogs per stay. We do not allow any other pets, reptiles, or anything non-human with a heart beat. 🙂 – Please let us know ahead of time if you plan to bring them – Avoid having them on the furniture or keep furniture covered with blankets/covers brought by you – Utilize the pet waste bags we have provided and pick up after your pets once they have done their business outdoors. Please dispose of this in the pet waste receptacle located outside the back of the home. – We are unable to accommodate cats, birds, reptiles, ferrets or anything else that has a heart beat and is not a human or dog.:) If you have a unique circumstance, please discuss with us first. 🙂
- They don’t call this Nash-Vegas for no reason. There is a lot to get into in this city if you choose to but we do ask that you keep the Honky Tonkin and partyin’ on Broadway and not in the home, please (ie we do have a strict no- party policy in the home).
- Nashville quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am daily.
- Please be mindful that we are located in a neighborhood and we love our neighbors. Therefore, we ask that guests do not create excessive noise at any time during the stay.
- The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- No smoking is allowed in the home however feel free smoke on the front porch or outside the home.
- Please keep the property and all furnishings on the property and in good order.
- To ensure full safety, please keep the front door and windows locked when in or leaving the home.
- Standard check-in time is 3:00 pm CT or after. Standard check-out time 11:00 am CT or before. We will be more than happy to try and accommodate early arrivals or late check outs as long is does not interfere with another booking however advance notice is needed and cannot be guaranteed unless you book the night prior (for early checkins) or day following (late checkouts), pending availability.
Inquire & Book
|Master Bedroom||Queen||Queen size, memory foam matress.|
|Bedroom Setup as Living Area||Sleep Sofa||2nd bedroom is setup as the main living space with sofa that opens to a queen size mattress.|