Springtime in Cocoa Beach & the Space Coast: Key Events & Dates
Embrace the charm of Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast as the year begins to unfold, bringing a diverse range of events and activities. With the arrival of milder weather and rising temps, spring weather typically arrives early here. From sea turtles to surf and art festivals, the season here offers a refreshing array of opportunities for exploration and relaxation. Discover the key events that define this period and make Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast a perfect destination for your first vacation of the year or spring break!
Holiday Weekends in Spring:
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
Cocoa Beach & the Space Coast Spring Events:
- Beach n Boards Surf Fest (March 6-10)
- A “lifestyle Spring Break destination” with almost every time of boarding event imageable to watch + volleyball, yoga & running. The event is free for spectators.
- East Coast Dog Surfing Contest (Easter Sunday)
- A fun, family- and dog- friendly event including dog surfing lessons, Best Doggie Easter Outfit and Best Doggy Bikini Contest, free bunny ears for the first 50 attendees for the Bunny Paddle Out, and of course the dog surfing championship! Held at Lori Wilson Park in Cocoa Beach.
- Space Coast Mural Festival (March 23-24)
- A free, family- and dog- friendly event held in Downtown Cocoa Beach. Complete with music, a kids corner, food trucks and more. If you can’t be here in person, checkout the live- stream and online voting options!
- Melbourne Art Festival (April 27-28)
- A nationally recognized event featuring over 215 artists, held each year on the fourth weekend of April at Wickham Park.
If you’re not here during one of the events, don’t worry! There is still plenty to do this time of year!
Easter Egg Hunts: There are a variety of places you can meet Santa during your visit that are not event- specific! Our favorites are:
- Kiwanis Island Easter Egg Hunt which is a FREE event for the community. They provide breakfast, snacks, activities, pictures with the Easter Bunny and of course, an Easter Egg Hunt!
- City of Cocoa Beach Easter Egg Hunt. Has special groupings by age for the egg hunt plus special events.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Manatee Sanctuary Park. Has special groupings by age for the egg hunt plus special events.
Walk or Bike: The beautiful temperatures are perfect for spending time enjoying the outdoors. These are our favorite places for a stroll or ride.
- The Beach!
- Ulumay Wildlife Sanctuary & Hiking Trail
- Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands (Viera Wetlands)
- Enchanted Forest Sanctuary (Titusville)
If you need to rent bicycles for the beach, we suggest A1A Beach Rentals.
Take a day trip to one of the theme parks: It is a great time to take advantage of the milder temps and less crowding before summer kicks in (except those spring break weeks).
- NOTE: We’ve partnered with Fubble, a Central Florida based attraction ticketing agency to streamline purchasing your Orlando area attraction tickets at DISCOUNTED RATES. This includes Disney World, Universal, Sea World & more! Most are an easy, 1-hour or less drive from the home. NOTES: Your purchase is directly with Fubble, we’ve just made the process easier through access via our website. The biggest discounts are typically for multi-day passes.
- Manatee Season is from November through April each year. One of the best places to spot manatees is along Manatee Sanctuary Park in Cape Canaveral. A great way to encounter manatees up close is through a guided kayak or paddle board tour. We highly recommend the Cocoa Beach Kayak company. You can tell them we sent you!
- Sea Turtle Nesting Season is from March through October each year. Guided Sea Turtle walks are a wonderful way to support organizations that are dedicated to preserving sea turtles and other wildlife while getting to see them up close in a way that keeps them safe.
If you are still in the planning phases of booking your trip to Cocoa Beach, we would love the opportunity to host you at our Cocoa Beach Airbnb / Vacation Rental. You can view our availability and book directly right here on our website.
PS: Cocoa Beach fun isn’t limited to the spring time! Be sure to check out our What to Do Cocoa Beach guide for year-round inspiration.
NOTE: Dates referenced are for the year 2024.