In Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast, we affectionately refer to fall as the “extended summer” season. During this time, the temperatures remain comfortably warm, with a hint of reduced heat, creating ideal beach weather for those who weren’t yet ready to give up summer. This season offers a fusion of outdoor activities and cultural encounters, like sea turtle and manatee encounters. Our fall guide is here to help you maximize your fall break getaway to Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast.
Holiday Weekends in Fall:
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Day for our Canadian guests
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Day / Weekend
Cocoa Beach & the Space Coast Fall Events:
- Taste of Space (typically runs through early October – early November):
- Savor the flavors of the Space Coast and explore local cuisine and culinary delights.
- NKF Surf Festival (typically Columbus Day weekend):
- Watch world-class surfers ride the waves and enjoy beachside festivities.
- Space Coast Art Festival (typically mid- October):
- Nearly 50 fine artists displaying their work, a popular Student Art Show, and plenty of food and shopping options in the area.
- Cocoa Village Fall Art & Craft Show (typically late October):
- Shop for unique handcrafted items and stroll through Historic Cocoa Village.
- Space Coast State Fair (Typically early November):
- Indulge in classic fair fun with rides, games, and delicious treats.
- Downtown Melbourne Food & Wine Festival (Typically mid- November):
- Satisfy your taste buds with sampling wines and savoring delicious cuisine.
- Cocoa Beach Art Show (Thanksgiving weekend):
- Enjoy an extraordinary collection of juried fine art, toe tappin’ music, delicious varieties of foods and free Hands on Art for Kids.
More Fun in Fall:
Don’t sweat it if you can’t make it here during one of the festivals (or if they’re already sold out). There’s still plenty of things to do that aren’t date specific.
Walk or Bike: The slightly milder temperatures are perfect for spending time enjoying the outdoors.These are our favorite places for a stroll or ride.
- The Beach!
- Ulumay Wildlife Sanctuary & Hiking Trail
- Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands (Viera Wetlands)
- Enchanted Forest Sanctuary (Titusville)
If you need to rent bicycles for the beach, we suggest A1A Beach Rentals.
- Sea Turtle Season is from March through October each year. We highly recommend a guided sea turtle walk through one of the local organizations. You can learn more about those here.
- Manatee Season is from November through April each year. One of the best places to spot manatees is along Manatee Sanctuary Park in Cape Canaveral. A great way to encounter manatees up close is through a guided kayak or paddle board tour. We highly recommend the Cocoa Beach Kayak company. You can tell them we sent you!
Fall in Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast is sunshiney and exciting, chock full of things that will create lasting memories for you and your friends and family. If you are still in the planning phases of booking your trip to Cocoa Beach, we would love the opportunity to host you at our Cocoa Beach Airbnb / Vacation Rental. You can view our availability and book directly right here on our website.
PS: Cocoa Beach fun isn’t limited to fall! Be sure to check out our What to Do Cocoa Beach guide for year-round inspiration.