We have already communicated with all guests who were booked prior to March 13, 2020. However, as many stay at home orders are being lifted, we’re receiving questions from potential guests asking about our “COVID-19 cancellation and refund policy.”
Below, we have outlined the most commonly asked questions by guests as it relates to cancellations:
What is your cancelation policy?
- 100% refund if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
- 50% refund if cancelled 14-29 days prior to the Check-in Date
- 0% refund if cancelled 13 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
- If you cancel within the 30 day prior to Check-in window and any portion of your stay is non-refundable as outlined above, as a courtesy we will do our best to re-book the property. If we are successful, we are happy to refund you the “re-booked” value for any of the nights booked. However, there is no guarantee it will re-book for the same number of nights at the same rate.
- Note: cancellation policies may vary slightly on the various listing websites that require us to select one of their set policies.
Again, we hope you feel this is a fair balance and if so, then we would be honored to host you.
Why have you chosen this policy?
Believe us when we so we love our guests so much and care deeply about ALL parties involved – we are just a husband, wife and dog team, not a big faceless corporation. We always aim to be as flexible as possible with our guests while also balancing the fact that our rental homes are our livelihood. When establishing our cancellation policy, we have chosen what we feel is a fair balance in shared responsibility between both guests and ourselves. This is also why we recommend trip insurance, especially a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) policy upon the confirmation of every booking – trust us, we’ve traveled enough ourselves to know that unfortunately, you have to expect the unexpected. Knowing that right now especially we are dealing with ever-changing circumstances due to COVID-19/ corona virus, we will communicate with you quickly regardless of the situation and do our best to make it right. However, while we are committed to fulfilling EVERY reservation, cancellations and the necessary efforts to re-book them are a lot of work and block the calendar from other potential guests who may have booked the property while it was blocked for your reservation.
Will things be open when we arrive?
We sure wish we could predict what even tomorrow would hold however, the circumstances are changing to rapidly it makes it difficult to predict a timeline. Local businesses may be closed today, open tomorrow and then closed again the next day. Your area’s shelter in place orders may be in place today, but you still choose to travel; or they may be lifted but you or someone in your group isn’t feeling well, so you choose not to travel. These events cannot be controlled by any of us.
The good news is that our areas have a lot to offer both inside our spaces and great ways to enjoy the outdoors surrounding the homes and nearby. Many of our amazing food and beverage venues are also offering curbside pickup, take-out or even delivery, too!
If you are unwilling to have any risk, then we suggest waiting to book your stay until you are sure you are able to stay with us.
We so appreciate your understanding and look forward to hosting you!