Welcome to our TWO, side by side studios: Lonestar and Vibe. This listing allows you to book TWO studios if you are traveling with a group that would like to be together but still have a bit of your own space. The studios do not connect in any way but are side by side and share a wall.
About Lonestar (1st of 2 studios): The inspiration for our space originates with artwork we found from the estate of a NASA engineer and enthusiast for all things cowboy. Though found locally in Nashville, this art made its way to us all the way from Cape Canaveral, FL (which happens to be the area we’re originally from). Cowboy minimalist decor only seemed fitting as a way to pay homage to our country roots while giving a nod to the fact that there is a greater universe of varying genres and artists in our town. Our studio name, Lonestar reflects what this one piece of art so deeply means to us: that we’re not just country, we’re MUSIC City.
About Vibe (2nd of 2 studios): Nashville may be known for Country Music but our genres are actually quite varied. One of the best qualities of our city is the coming together of such diversity to create a VIBE that undeniably gives us the name Music City. This space was created with the merging of creative, eclectic décor to reflect the diversity of the city we call home.
Check out the top reasons to love our studios section below.
Cleanliness is always at the top of our priority list for our homes however out of an abundance of caution due to the virus, we’ve upped our standards and revisited our policies. You can learn more about those here.
For the month of April, we are also temporarily restricting some guest reservations. Learn more about that here.
** SAVE on week-long and month-long stays (pricing & discounts automatically calculated when you select 7+ nights). Special pricing for first responders & medical professionals with proper documentation (message for details).**
1. THE LOCATION
- Nestled in the Melrose neighborhood, a popular, safe and easily walkable area that is home to several well-known restaurants like Hattie B’s, The Sutler and ML Rose, grocery & convenience stores, bars and more!
- 5-15 minutes by car to multiple hospitals (Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville General, St. Thomas Midtown, TriStar Centennial)
- Minutes to Vanderbilt University, Belmont University and Lipscomb University.
- Walk to the neighboring area of 12South in 20-minutes where there is more great food, drink and even Sevier Park.
- Great proximity to access nature and parks (Radnor Lake, Centennial Park, Natchez Trace Trail).
- 10 minutes by car to: Downtown Nashville (Broadway, The Ryman, Music City Center, Bridgestone Arena, Ascend Amphitheater), Nissan Stadium (home of the Titans) & the Nashville International Airport.
- Centrally located to many Nashville events: concerts at Bridgestone Arena, Predators Games, Titans Games, Tin Pan South, Music City Rock N Roll Marathon, Steeplechase, CMA Festival, several Arts & Craft Shows, Live on the Green, Music City Midnight (NYE) and more.
2. OUR AMENITIES
- FREE WIFI
- FREE, onsite parking
- Fully equipped kitchen & dining table
- Memory Foam queen mattress
- 2 Firm Pillows and 2 Soft Pillows per Bed (4 total per bed)
- Access to washer & dryers in onsite laundry room (pay machines)
- Dedicated work space
- Dog* friendly (*additional pet fee applies)
- TV with Roku for access to Netflix, Hulu & Amazon + HDTV Antenna (no cable)
- Self- check in with keyless entry
- Professionally cleaned between each guest stay- even the comforters!
3. EXTRA TOUCHES
- Water & individually wrapped snacks for each guest upon arrival
- 4- way coffee pot & coffee
- Tea kettle & tea
- Creamer & sugar
- Record player and records
- Sound machine & ear plugs
- Echo dot (Alexa) smart device for music, alarm and sleep sounds
4. OUTDOOR SPACE FOR SUMMER
- Community pool (open in summer)
- Community patio area with tables and chairs (open in summer)
- Chairs & small table immediately outside the studio
The studios are nestled in the Melrose neighborhood off of 8th Ave South in Berry Hill and close to Downtown Nashville. It is walking distance to everything you may need (or want) while enjoying your stay in Nashville: restaurants like the popular The Sutler and Sinema, bars like ML Rose, coffee shops, music, grocery stores, drug store, shopping, fitness studios, tap room/ liquor stores, ice cream store and even 2 hot chicken joints, Hattie B’s and Boltons.
Walking distance to the popular 12 South neighborhood with Sevier Park and more shopping, dining and drinking to await you (1.1 mi, approximately 20 minutes by foot)
Minutes by car from key Nashville destinations & other popular neighborhoods:
Downtown Nashville / Broadway (2.4 mi / 3.9 km)
Vanderbilt University & Medical Center (2.7 mi 4.3 km)
Nashville General Hospital (4.1 miles)
St. Thomas Midtown Hospital (4.0 miles)
TriStar Centennial Medical Center (3.5 miles)
Belmont University (1.1 mi / 1.8 km)
Nashville International Airport (8.6 mi/ 13.8 km)
Grand Ole Opry (10.8 mi / 17.4 km)
Nissan Stadium, home of the Tennessee Titans and CMA Music Festival (3.2 mi / 5.1 km)
Ascend Amphitheater (2.6 mi / 4.1 km)
Bridgestone Arena (2.4 mi / 3.9 km)
Music City Convention Center (2.4 mi / 3.9 km)
The Ryman (2.7 mi / 4.3 km)
Country Music Hall of Fame (2.5 mi 4 km)
The Gulch Neighborhood (1.7 mi / 2.7 km)
12 South Neighborhood (1.1 mi / 2.8 km)
Hillsboro Village (1.8 mi / 2.9 km)
Midtown (3 mi / 4.8 km)
Germantown Neighborhood (4.4 mi / 7 km)
East Nashville (3.2 mi / 5.1 km)
Close to highway access for those venturing to nearby towns like Franklin, Arrington Vineyards or Leiper’s Fork.
Central location to many Nashville events: Concerts at Bridgestone Arena, Predators Games, Tin Pan South, Music City Rock N Roll Marathon, Steeplechase, CMA Festival, several Arts & Craft Shows, Live on the Green, Music City Midnight (NYE) and more.
Please be mindful that we are located in a neighborhood. We have amazing neighbors all around us so we ask that you please be respectful to our neighborhood, neighbors and studio
As frequent leisure and business travellers ourselves, we know it’s the small things that can have a big impact on your stay. That is why every Southbound Stays home has a set of home standards and amenities that we follow. Read more about those here.
- You are booking TWO, individual studios that are side by side however do not connect to one another in any way. Each studio can accommodate 4 guests each.
- Though the studios are located on the first floor, they are only accessible via 2 small steps. There is no elevator in the building.
- We are on the 1st floor of the condo building and there are tenants above that you will likely hear from time to time. We offer ear plugs and a sound machine just in case you’re a light sleeper.
- We cannot accommodate Saturday checkins/ checkouts.
- Community pool and patio only accessible via a full flight of stairs. There is no elevator.
- Community pool opens for Memorial Day weekend (last weekend in May) and closes after Labor Day weekend (first weekend in September). Therefore, pool is closed from September through May.
- Our standard min stay duration is 1 night on weekdays, 2 nights on weekends however this does vary during certain seasons and events. Our maximum stay is 14-days however if you have a unique situation you would like to discuss, please message us.
- Our rates are dynamic which means that they change based on day of week, season, etc. Please enter your exact dates and guest count to calculate pricing. We charge an extra guest fee of $5 per guest per night for any guest count over 2 (our max guest count is 4).
- Guests under the age of 21+ are more than welcome however we do ask that they are accompanied by parents or guardians at all times for their own safety. If you plan to bring guests under the age of 21 and/ or if you plan to use our family- friendly amenities, please let us know their ages so we can setup our home to be age- appropriate (ie high chair, pack n play, toys, etc) for your stay.
- NoiseAware noise detection in use at all times to ensure quiet hours.
- The studios are located on a bustling street with through traffic (thanks to its popularity). For this reason, you may hear street noise or passersbys
- No dishwasher
- We have a TV with Roku for Netflix and Hulu, etc but there is no local cable available.
- Washer and Dryer located in the same building and are PAY machines. No detergent provided.
- To ensure an early check-in/late check-out, we suggest booking the night prior to or after your arrival. To be considerate of other guests who are departing/ arriving we are unable to guarantee this otherwise. We are happy to refer you to a local luggage storage company if you are arriving earlier than standard check-in time or departing later than standard check-out time.
- Pets: We love them but are unfortunately unable to welcome them in the space.
- We follow all regulations of Berry Hill, including holding a permit, following quiet hours and occupancy restrictions. We are permitted under numbers: 20180401020 & 2018040119. Even if you do not choose our studio, we highly suggest you stay with another permitted host.
- We are unable to accommodate Saturday checkins/ checkouts. If you book for a Saturday checkin/ out you will be asked to modify the reservation to either a Friday or Sunday checkin/ out or to cancel your reservation.
- Rental Agreement: You will be asked to sign a rental agreement once you have completed your booking.
- Age: Guests under the age of 21+ are more than welcome however the primary guest booking the reservation must be 21+ years of age AND staying for the entirety of the reservation (this is required by our local laws). We do ask that guests under the age of 21 are accompanied by the primary guest, parents or guardians at all times for their own safety.
- Behavior: Please keep the Honky Tonkin and partyin’ on Broadway and not in the home or our neighborhood, please. By city law, Nashville quiet hours are from 10 pm to 8 am daily.
- Occupancy: Due to the home size we do have to respect our maximum occupancy requirement of 4 guests per studio at any time.
- Signage and Decor: You may be coming to celebrate a special event and we’re happy to be a part of that. However, Nashville allows no signage or decor of any kind to be placed outside of the home. Feel free to decorate the interior as long as no decor or signage is visible from the exterior of the home. We also ask that you refrain from using tacks, pins or tape on the interior and remove any decor prior to leaving. 🙂
- Damage: We understand that accidents happen but please let us know when they do. Chances are we can fix them as effortlessly as possible which also means better chances of having your full security deposit returned.
- Plumbing: We would like to avoid having a plumber come and crash your stay so please avoid flushing anything other than toilet paper down the toilet.
- Pool: Follow posted community pool rules. We would like to especially point out not to remove the pool rope. This is a safety violation and the city will shut down the pool if this happens. NOTE: Though rare, there can be occasional pool closures due to various, unforeseen circumstances that are beyond our control. Unfortunately, we can offer no refund if this is the case. We will however offer pool passes for each REGISTERED guest (up to 8 guests) to the nearby YMCA pool at no additional expense to you should this occur during your stay.
- Post-Swimming: We provide pool towels for your use. Please do not leave them at the pool. When returning from the pool, please do not sit on any furniture wet or leave wet swim suits/clothing/towels on furniture or floors.
- Security: Please keep the front door locked when in or leaving the studio.
- Smoking: Smoking is ONLY on the front balcony, no smoking in the studio.
- Kitchen: Please wash any items you use and return them to their rightful place in the home.
- Pets: We love and welcome potty trained dogs that are under 40 lbs and get along with other dogs (there are other dogs in the building). There is a fee of $15/ day/ dog which calculates automatically when you select the # of perts). For stays of 30+ days there is a flat monthly fee of $150 ($5/ night) per dog. Up to 2 dogs allowed per stay with the following conditions: Please let us know ahead of time if you plan to bring them. If you do not select this and bring a pet, this will result in forfeiture of your security deposit; Avoid having them on the furniture or keep furniture covered with blankets/covers brought by you; Utilize the pet waste bags we have provided and pick up after your pets once they have done their business outdoors. Please dispose of this in the pet waste receptacle located outside the studio.
- We utilize a NoiseAware noise monitoring device to ensure quiet hours are observed. Please do not tamper with or unplug the device.
- We are unable to accommodate Saturday checkins/ checkouts. We cannot accept new or modified reservations that would entail a Saturday checkin or checkout.
- Family amenities: We have a High Chair and Pack N’ Play available for guest use. Please notify us at the time of booking if you plan to use these. We leave them off site and will gladly bring them over for your stay but we must know in advance.
Inquire & Book
|The Nook Studio||1 queen, memory foam bed + 1 Sleeper Sofa (opens to queen)|
|The Hangout Studio||1 queen, memory foam bed + 1 Sleeper Sofa (opens to queen)|