House Rules for Dogs
We love and welcome potty trained dogs that get along with other dogs. There is a fee of $25/ day/ dog- up to 2 dogs per stay with the following conditions:
- Please let us know ahead of time if you plan to bring them
- Avoid having them on the furniture or keep furniture covered with blankets/covers brought by you
- Utilize the pet waste bags we have provided and pick up after your pets once they have done their business outdoors. Please dispose of this in the pet waste receptacle located outside the back of the home.
- We do not allow any other pets, reptiles, or anything non-human with a heart beat. 🙂
- If you have a unique circumstance, please discuss with us first. 🙂
- Bringing a pet without prior notice will result in forfeiture of your security deposit.
Leash Laws in Cocoa Beach
In Brevard County, there is a leash law that requires your dog to be leashed at all times when not behind a fenced enclosure. Since our home is not fully fenced, your dog must remain on a leash. The fine for allowing an animal to be at large is $55 for the first offense, $165 for a second incident.
Dogs and the Beach
Dogs are not permitted on the beach near the house (or most places in Cocoa Beach). There are areas where dogs are allowed with the following conditions:
- Between 4th Street South to north side of Murkshe Park (only location dogs are allowed).
- Dog must on 10 ft. leash (maximum length of leash) at all times
- To access dog beach you must be located in the dog beach area. You may not walk along the beach to get to the dog beach.
- Allowable times for dogs to be on the beach are:
- 4:00pm-7:00pm during standard time
- 5:00 pm – 9:00pm during daylight savings time.
- Owners must clean up after their dog. There are pet disposal stations located at each crossover from 4th Street South to Northside of Murkshe Park
- Please keep dogs off dunes and away from turtle nests.
Violation may result in a $50.00 fine.
There is a dog park at Lori Wilson park which is great for the pups. However, it is not ON the beach and NO dogs are allowed outside the fenced enclosure or on the beach at that location.
Read more about dogs on Cocoa Beach here.