Below, we have outlined the most commonly asked questions by guests as it relates to cancellations when booking directly on our website:
What is your cancelation policy?
Our cancelation policy varies by space as outlined below…
Nashville Homes (for stays of 29 nights or less):
- 100% refund if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
- 50% refund if cancelled 14-29 days prior to the Check-in Date
- 0% refund if cancelled 13 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
Leiper’s Fork Home (for stays of 29 nights or less):
100% refund if cancelled 45 days prior to the Check-in Date50% refund if cancelled 30-44 days prior to the Check-in Date0% refund if cancelled 29 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
Extended Stays (for stays of 30+ nights):
- 100% refund if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
- 50% refund if cancelled 45-59 days prior to the Check-in Date
- 0% refund if cancelled 44 days or less prior to the Check-in Date
- Your cleaning fee and security deposit will always be refunded in the instance of a cancelation if before 24 hours PRIOR to arrival.
- If you cancel within a window where any portion of your stay is non-refundable as outlined above, as a courtesy we will do our best to re-book the property. If we are successful, we are happy to refund you the “re-booked” value for any of the nights booked. However, there is no guarantee it will re-book for the same number of nights at the same rate.
Again, we hope you feel this is a fair balance and if so, then we would be honored to host you.
Why have you chosen this policy?
Believe us when we say we love our guests so much and care deeply about ALL parties involved – we are just a husband, wife and dog team, not a big faceless corporation. We always aim to be as flexible as possible with our guests while also balancing the fact that our rental homes are our livelihood. When establishing our cancellation policy, we have chosen what we feel is a fair balance in shared responsibility between both guests and ourselves. Cancellations and the necessary efforts to re-book them are a lot of work and block the calendar from other potential guests who may have booked the property while it was blocked for your reservation.
Do you make exceptions?
As you would with any other travel purchase (like a flight or rental car), we recommend trip insurance, especially a Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) policy upon the confirmation of every booking. This helps cover you and us from many of the “unexpecteds.” The travel insurance company would reimburse you, if eligible. Trust us, we’ve traveled enough ourselves to know that unfortunately, you have to expect the unexpected and when we travel, we ALWAYS buy insurance to cover our trip investment.
We so appreciate your understanding and look forward to hosting you!