Welcome to the ultimate holiday destination where the sun shines year-round and the fun never stops – Cocoa Beach on the Space Coast of Florida. If you’re looking for a getaway that combines perfect weather with endless entertainment, you’ve found the ideal spot. From sparkling beaches to one-of-a-kind activities, we’ve got you covered. So, grab your sunglasses and sunscreen and head to the sunniest and most joyful holiday destination around!
- Holiday Weekends in November / December:
- Veteran’s Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Day / Weekend
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
Cocoa Beach & the Space Coast Holiday Events:
- Downtown Melbourne Food & Wine Festival (Nov 11):
- Satisfy your taste buds with sampling wines and savoring delicious cuisine.
- Cocoa Beach Art Show (Thanksgiving weekend):
- Enjoy an extraordinary collection of juried fine art, toe tappin’ music, delicious varieties of foods and free Hands on Art for Kids.
- Cocoa Beach WinterFest (December 2):
- Your chance to see “snow” and Santa in one place on the Space Coast. This FREE event is family- and dog-friendly that celebrates winter with live music, vendors and more.
- Cocoa Village Holiday Boat Parade (December 8):
- Watch the illuminated boats decorated for the season create a unique and joyful spectacle on the water. Get your seat early at the Cocoa Village Riverfront Park for the best viewing.
- Cocoa Beach Holiday Boat Parade (December 9):
- Watch the illuminated boats decorated for the season create a unique and joyful spectacle on the water. Parade starts at marker 101, near Cape Canaveral Hospital.
- Jolly Days at Brevard Zoo (December 22 and 23):
- Put on your jingle bells and head to the Zoo for a flurry of festive fun! Enjoy a blizzard of activities, music and the chance to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus (at select times).
- Surfin’ Santas (December 24):
- Watch hundreds of Santas as they show up and surf! This event is a celebration of love, joy, and hope on the beach. Get there early!
More Holiday Happenings:
Don’t sweat it if you can’t make it here during one of the festivals (or if they’re already sold out). There’s still plenty of things to do that aren’t date specific.
Take a day trip to one of the theme parks: The theme parks in Orlando go ALL OUT on holiday decor this time of year. While there are more crowds to contend with, a visit during the holidays is still exceptionally magical.
- Disney’s Magic Kingdom is our favorite park this time of the parks have their own specialities depending on what you and your family are into. We’ve partnered with Fubble, a Central Florida based attraction ticketing agency to streamline purchasing your Orlando area attraction tickets at DISCOUNTED RATES. This includes Disney World, Universal, Sea World & more! Most are an easy, 1-hour or less drive from the home. NOTES: Your purchase is directly with Fubble, we’ve just made the process easier through access via our website. The biggest discounts are typically for multi-day passes.
- You can also visit the Disney hotels for free during this time of year to see the holiday decor.
Meet Santa: There are a variety of places you can meet Santa during your visit that are not event- specific! Our favorites are:
Walk or Bike: The slightly milder temperatures are perfect for spending time enjoying the outdoors.These are our favorite places for a stroll or ride.
- The Beach!
- Ulumay Wildlife Sanctuary & Hiking Trail
- Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands (Viera Wetlands)
- Enchanted Forest Sanctuary (Titusville)
If you need to rent bicycles for the beach, we suggest A1A Beach Rentals.
- Manatee Season is from November through April each year. One of the best places to spot manatees is along Manatee Sanctuary Park in Cape Canaveral. A great way to encounter manatees up close is through a guided kayak or paddle board tour. We highly recommend the Cocoa Beach Kayak company. You can tell them we sent you!
- Romelia Farms Wildlife Preserve & Petting Farm: The farm is open year round however this time of year with milder temperatures is an amazing time to visit. You can do a tour, sign up for a horseback ride or meet the wildlife. Check their website for events as they hold them regularly.
Holidays in Cocoa Beach and on the Space Coast are just as sunshiney as the rest of the year. If you are still in the planning phases of booking your trip to Cocoa Beach, we would love the opportunity to host you at our Cocoa Beach Airbnb / Vacation Rental. You can view our availability and book directly right here on our website.
PS: Cocoa Beach fun isn’t limited to the holidays! Be sure to check out our What to Do Cocoa Beach guide for year-round inspiration.
NOTE: Dates referenced are for the year 2023.