We’re officially at the end of 2020 and it’s a year that many of us are ready to have in the rearview mirror. We could, unfortunately go on and on about the trials of the year but we survived so we’re going to go ahead and consider that a win. We’re also doing our best to be cautiously optimistic about 2021 so I thought I’d focus on that rather than a look back.
What’s in Store for Your Hosts:
- Our first baby- a boy- is due February 5th (though the doctor tells us he’s a big boy so he may decide to make a grand entrance in late January). We’re over the moon and cannot wait to hold him whenever he decides to come. 🙂
- Both Richard and I will be taking the first 8-12 weeks after his arrival to step back from managing the day to day of our Southbound Stays rentals so we can cuddle on him and adjust to life as parents.
- A good friend and fellow host, Alece will be temporarily managing the day to day of Southbound Stays so we can have this time as a family. Alece and I operate similarly and we know our guests will love her as much as we do. All communication will continue to flow through our regular email and phone numbers so guest communication is seamless!
What’s in Store for Our Homes:
- In February, our kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities at Lyric are getting re-painted (original contractor used the wrong paint so they’re “chippy” and we’re adding a shiplap with a slight distressed coloring to the ceiling in both of the living rooms. Yes, only I would plan something like this the week I am expected to give birth. 🙂
- At the Country Cottage we just replaced the queen bed with a brand new, Nectar brand, memory foam KING bed. That means we now have TWO KING beds in this home (pics being taken January 8th so watch for those). We also have new outdoor furniture set to arrive in late February/ early March – just in time for Spring! We’re also anxiously awaiting on a quote to update our back deck as well.
- We completely remodeled one of our studios, Vibe (click that link to check out our new pics) from August through October this year. Clearly the pandemic had us a little bored. We love it so much that we hope to complete a remodel on the Nashville Nest later in 2021 as well. That’s not a definite just yet but definitely on the wish list.
- Add more family-friendly amenities across all homes. As we navigate our way through parenthood, I am sure we’ll learn more ways we can improve the family-friendliness of all of our spaces. We will continue to offer the amenities we already do which include pack n plays, highchairs, games, books, tubs & even custom coloring pages but hope to add to these amenities and our suggestions on ways to enjoy Nashville with the kiddos. We’ve already started some of this with the most recent trip idea we published, ways to enjoy a Socially Distanced Getaway.
Keep on, Keepin On:
While there is a lot of new on the horizon for Southbound Stays, there are some things you can count on to remain consistent:
- Our dedication to cleanliness! Cleanliness has always been at the forefront for us but we’ve also upped our standards this year in light of COVID-19. We plan to keep our cleaning protocols in place and to continue to adapt as frequently as needed to accommodate any CDC recommendations.
- We’ll always welcome our pawsome guests by staying dog-friendly. We lost our sweet pup, June in September of 2020 but the dog-lover in us lives on. Dogs will always be welcome at all of our homes and we even upped the amenities for them in 2020, too which will carry into 2021 (and beyond). They now have their own “forgot it baskets”, are greeted with welcome treats and will receive their own welcome gift upon arrival.
- Our commitment to safety. During the shutdown, we spent our time going through a safety certification at each of our homes. We have added enhanced monthly and quarterly safety checks and plan to have our homes inspected annually to maintain these certifications.
Before We Officially “Sign Out” of 2020!
- We’ve published our last guide of the year which is meant to show some of our favorite, local restaurants a little love – they’ve been some of the hardest hit by the year 2020. We’ve also stuck to the 2020 theme and chose to highlight 20 of our favorite meals you can get for under $20 around Nashville! Download the guide today.
We hope that 2020 wasn’t too rough on everyone and that 2021 is the year we all hope for! Please stay safe & well and we look forward to staying connected with you in the New Year.
Hostess, Southbound Stays